WHAT YOU PERMIT YOU PROMOTE

 “One day . . . or day one.” -- Anonymous

SEL: #1 Self-Awareness     #3 Self-Management               #5 Responsible Decision Making    

Digital Learner:                    #1 Empowered Learner            #3 Digital Citizen

 

A kind word to one in trouble is often like a switch in a railroad track….an inch between wreck and smooth sailing. 

                                                                                                                     – Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

That’s just rude. I’m not permitting this outrageous behavior. Want to bet? I had a part in it because my boundaries were like Jello without a bowl. Again, the lessons of generating a healthy harvest as an organic gardener apply to how I lay the groundwork for sound relationships and a successful career.

One woman found herself in a wheelchair and could no longer garden, weed, and water using her old methods. She had the pathways widened for her chair and lay 12” of straw over the ground. Weeds did not grow, worms loved it, water held its moisture in the soil, and the watermelons, squash, and other vegetables did not lay on the ground getting brown spots. They lay on a bed of straw! What a cost-effective, ingenious solution for a life-time gardener!

I can find resourceful solutions for my life when I do not permit chaos: financially, emotionally, physically, in my home, in my classrooms, or while driving in traffic and wondering Who in the world taught these people how to drive? It takes diligence and creativity to navigate the 21st Century. I am grateful to be here to do so.

Aloha love,

Diana

P. S. I’ve updated the name of this Blog to Family Dynamics A – Z because I’m gathering our posts for a book under my pen name of Diana Dissette.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEONARDO (1452-1519)

A CLOCK KEEPS ON TICKING

THE TAPESTRY